Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our great trip to MA

We returned home Tuesday from a great trip to Massachusetts, to visit family. It was especially wonderful to see my dad, brothers and their awesome girlfriends. The weather was beautiful and the food was good. My biggest complaint would be that Steve was not there to share the experience.

It was interesting to travel with the kids...alone. I was definitely burnt out when I walked through the door at the end of the trip.

The traveling part of the trip was surprisingly not that bad, as compared to my 3 day drive from TX to IL. Lizzie would fuss, but would eventually fall asleep. Stevie was only fussy on the plane ride home, he was also exhausted from the trip.

When we arrived at my brother Eric's house, on Thursday evening, we were pretty tired. No one had met Elizabeth yet, so of course they wanted to hold her. She would have none of that! She screamed whenever she was taken away from my arms. Luckily by the end of the trip she would allow other people to hold her, for the most part.

We went to dinner at Peter and Becky's beautiful new house the next night. Elizabeth actually let Becky and dad hold her, after a little coaxing. (Notice how the gauge of my trip revolves around the mood of my baby!) Stevie had a great time playing with Becky's boys, Derren and Kayden. The rest of the trip Stevie wanted to go over Kayden's house to play.

Saturday we went to the Raw Bar, in New Seabury, and I got the lobster roll that I was dreaming of. It was huge! Eric and I shared one, while Stevie was visiting all the other patrons at their tables. Stevie likes to talk to any one within a 15 feet radius. We ate there with my dad, his girlfriend Cindy, and my friend Ericka. With Ericka was her son, Aedan, born the same exact day as Elizabeth. Later Saturday we went to the Barnstable County Fair, went on a few kiddie rides, and ate some fair food. I had a fried dough for the first time in at least 10 years. (Oh, my trip is also determined on how good the food is!)

Sunday Peter and Becky had a party at their house. It was such a great day. I got to see family that I hadn't seen for a while. Elizabeth was slowly warming up to people. We ate great food, enjoyed each others company and went swimming in the pond, just a short walk from the house. It was just like spending a holiday with family.

Monday was a lazy day. Eric, Kathleen, the kids and I went out to eat at Bobby Byrnes for lunch and went home to relax. Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and relax on vacation. I packed up everything, to get ready for the long trip home in the morning.

The trip home wasn't that bad. It was definitely a long day, I woke up at 5am (4am my time) and got home at 3pm. The kids were great though, some rough patches, but it could've been much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment